Favours, Gifts & Accessories
- Seeded Paper Printing Guidelines
Seeded Paper Printing Guidelines
SEEDED PAPER PRINTING GUIDELINES
Our seeded paper is embedded with a blend of annual and perennial wildflower seeds that have been carefully selected because they are smaller in size which makes the seed paper smoother and more suitable for printing.
We recommend using the following methods of printing:
- Off-set printing press, 1, 2 or 4 color
- Screen printing
But do not use a laser printer as the heat can kill the seeds!
In order to get the best results here are a few handy tips:-
- Avoid using heavy ink coverage unless you have a professional printer.
- If using a heavy ink coverage for backgrounds be sure to print on HQ settings and run a test print.
- Plantable paper is uncoated so some slight bleeding will occur. Be sure to keep that in mind and avoid printing very small text on dark coloured backgrounds. We recommend at least 8-9 pt.
- To ensure accurate alignment, we recommend printing 4-colour jobs on a 4-colourpress, rather than doing two passes on a 2-colour press.
- If printing off-set, do not use Acetic Acid based fountain solution as it will cause the paper to delaminate and pile on the blankets. The automatic double sheet detector should be disabled because of the variances in the caliper of the hand made paper.
If you have any other questions regarding printing on seeded paper, please contact us.